Aircel Ltd. was a Indian mobile network operator headquartered in Gurgaon that offered voice and 2G and 3G data services. Maxis Communications held a 74% stake and Sindya Securities and Investments held the remaining 26%. Aircel was founded by Chinnakannan Sivasankaran and commenced operations in Tamil Nadu in 1999. It was once a market leader in Tamil Nadu and had considerable presence in Odisha, Assam and North-East telecom circles. 2G and 3G Services including voice were shut down in all circles due to failure in merge with Reliance Communications.
The Aircel Group, formed in 1994, offers affordable and outstanding mobile services to a vast subscriber base in India. Aircel has a vision of delighting its customers by giving them the respect they deserve. Our goal is to provide our customers with exemplary service and persistently look for new ways to surpass their expectations.
Aircel commenced operations in 1999. In our first decade of operations, we concentrated on building our foundations in the southern part of the country, and soon emerged as the regional market leaders. We worked hard and achieved that success by remaining focused on growth opportunities. Our project pipeline is robust, allowing for sustainable long-term growth.
In addition to our leadership position in Tamil Nadu, Aircel met with extraordinary success in the Eastern frontier circles. We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and managed to emerge as the market leaders in Assam and North Eastern states within 18 months of operations. During this period, our company gained a strong foothold in 10 circles, to provide better access to our customers.
Aircel is a pan-India 2G operator with 3G spectrum in 13 circles and is credited with the fastest 3G roll out ever in the Indian telecom space. Aircel provides 3G service in Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar & Jharkhand, Chennai, Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Kerala, Kolkata, North East, Orissa, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, UP East and West Bengal. As a young data led telecom player, Aircel has constantly been at the helm of introducing innovative and value for money products and services for its customers, be it the Aircel Pocket Internet, taking the first step in making 3G affordable for the masses or launching revolutionary Industry first data products aimed at fuelling Internet adoption.
Aircel offers its customers, services and products that are easy to understand and use. All offerings are stimulating and at the same time extremely unique as Aircel continue to re-invent itself constantly to deliver the best and most up-to-date services. The brand instills a feeling of pride, confidence and reliance among all stakeholders by anticipating their desires and fulfilling the same efficiently.
With our foundations deeply set on our brand vales of simplicity, creativity, trust and excitement, we will continue to deliver superior services to our customers and will do our best to live up to their high expectations.